Independent schools in NYC
New York is a perfect city for education. Annually more than 100 thousand international students come to New York for education and building their future life. This is the best place to get a quality education — the city fascinates with its sights, educational and career opportunities. There are over 400 colleges, independent schools and universities in New York that provide comprehensive education for foreign students with any interests and talents. Studying in New York provides limitless opportunities for self-realization — even at the stage of studying at school, students gain practical skills by interning in operating large companies.
Independent schools in NYC: general information
Independent schools in NYC differ from boarding and public schools for some peculiarities. Independent school is similar to private school; however, there is a slight peculiarities between them. List of main features of an independent school:
Own independent board of trustees;
Independence from government or church budgets;
Commercial funding via tuition fees of international students;
Enrollment procedure, according to their own process and rules.
International schools in NYC: the main advantages and opportunities
New York is a major center with a large number of the best educational programs and courses providing educational process in a variety of specialties. After graduation from independent school, a foreign student can enter a college or university, where students have the opportunity to complete internship programs, explore future career and apply their knowledge in various industries according to their profession. List of educational fields to study:
- Digital media;
- Game industry- design;
- Computer technology;
- Public administration;
- Software development.
New York is a diverse city, home to about 20% of the country’s population. Year-round and summer courses for international schoolchildren, students and adults are designed to efficiently and effectively prepare for admission to the chosen educational institution. Educational courses at New York are a stepping stone to a successful career, offer excellent opportunities and help prepare for further study in the chosen specialty. Short-term courses supplement knowledge and develop professional skills. Many international students plan to enroll in short educational courses in New York in order to find themselves in the largest and richest city and to adopt to live in the United States, improve their reputation, make friends with new people, and make useful professional connections. The duration of the courses depends on:
- Chosen educational program;
- Desired goals;
- Duration of the educational course (from 1 week);
- Extracurricular block.
- For schoolchildren and students planning to enroll in American educational institutions, there are also a large number of educational programs and preparatory courses:
- Language courses (general English; Academic and Intensive English);
- Preparing to TOEFL;
- General preparatory program.
New York is a great place to immerse yourself in the English language, because of:
- Incredible diversity of programs and practices;
- Abundance of cultural opportunities;
- Global status of the city.
In addition to regular English classes, the courses offer a wide range of leisure and cultural activities that help international students practice their knowledge and make the most of their time. Studying in New York is an ideal chance to improve your English for academic or professional purposes, to enjoy everything that this unique city offers:
- Educational system in USA
- The education system in America includes:
- Preparatory stage for kids from 3 to 4 years old;
- Primary school — from grade 1-5;
- Secondary school — from grade 6-8;
- Senior classes — from grade 9-12.
Studying in New York in independent schools and boarding schools offers foreign students better and rich educational programs and some extra advantages, such as:
- Comfortable accommodation options;
- Extracurricular activities;
- Developing the best personal qualities of every student.
Every independent school in New York practices its own teaching methods. In high school, international students choose the disciplines they need for their future specialty, and at the end of grade 12 they receive a diploma that allows them to enter the university. Foreign students can contact to mentors or educational staff for each advice in educational process. For more in-depth education, students can stay at the school to study in the 13th grade on the Advanced Placement program, which provides specialized study of subjects at the first-year university level. Upon graduation, a diploma is issued, which opens the doors to universities not only in the USA, but also in Canada and the UK:
- Tuition fees in independent schools in NYC
- Tuition fee depends on different educational aspects and options, such as:
- Chosen educational program;
- Accommodation options;
- Study materials;
- Extracurricular activities.
Some options are not included in tuition fee and paid additionally:
- Flight tickets;
- Pocket expenses;
- Excursion programs.
- List of average tuition fee of different educational programs at the best independent schools and universities in NYC:
- Summer courses starts from $ 1000 per week;
- Intensive English — from $ 2000/week;
- Preparation for university admission — from $ 50,000 per year;
- TOEFL courses — from $ 1500 per week;
- General educational program – from $ 20,000 / year;
- Bachelor’s degree starts from $ 30,000 per year;
- Master’s degree programs — from $ 25,000/year.