When it comes to home décor, people have started to use DIY methods. This not only makes them feel satisfied but is fun and easy too. Making candles is also one of them, which has been a popular choice amongst people. As you get all the supplies easily available, making a beautiful candle is not a big deal anymore.
Candle making is highly customizable. You can make beautiful pieces of your own choice with not much sweat. If you are looking for the supplies then you can log in to the website of Aussie Candle Supplies who has been selling the best equipment at a great price. It is just a one-stop shop where you can get everything like the raw materials, essential oils, etc.
Here we are going to talk about some simple steps to follow to make candles:
Firstly, we need to start by gathering all the materials required for making the candles:
- Paraffin, soy, or palm wax
- Fragrance oils
- Paper towels
- Candle dye
- Candle Wick
- A heat-resistant container
- Chopsticks or a pencil
- One double boiler
So, in case you are making a soy wax candle, here are the further steps:
- Prepare the surface by cleaning everything and removing unwanted stuff. Then place the container and fill it with the amount of wax that you will need. Then double it. because this is the amount you would require to be melted
- Now pour the wax into the double boiler and boil it for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir it frequently to not get it stuck at the bottom.
- After your wax is melted, the next thing to do is to add the fragrance you want and then stir it. This is an optional step.
- Now you need to attach the wick to the bottom of the container before you pour the wax. You can attach this with the help of glue or you can dip it in the hot wax and place it inside till the wax hardens
- When the temperature of the wax says 140 degrees, that is the time to pour the wax into the container. You can hold the wick so that it doesn’t come off but do not pull it. let it cool for some time. Keep a little wax in the container to pour on the candle later.
- You need to secure the wick with the help of two chopsticks or pencils so that they do not sway away in your melted wax. The wax would require about 4 hours at room temperature for the wax to set.
- Make sure that your wick is less than half an inch long only.
Your scented candle is now ready. Once you know how to make a scented candle, you can try making creative candle variations.
For example, if you want to make floral candles, then you would require dried petals that you would need to place in the container before you pour the wax into it. for a colourful candle, all you would need to do is to choose different petals and leaves and mix them up in the container.
For more details on the candle supplies just check the online site mentioned above and get everything that you need at the earliest.