If your garage door isn’t working properly, it can be a major inconvenience. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem and get your door working again.
There are a few problems that you cannot repair on your own, such as a broken spring. You can contact one of the most trusted garage door companies: Severna Garage Door Repair. If you need garage door repair services in Pasadena MD or garage door repair services in Bowie MD, give them a call! They also service the surrounding areas.
Here are five common garage door issues and how to fix them:
- The door won’t open or close. If your garage door won’t open or close, the first thing you should check is the tracks. Make sure that the tracks are clear of debris and that the rollers are moving freely. If the tracks look good, then the problem may be with the opener itself. Try unplugging the opener and plugging it back in to see if that reset it.
- The door opens or closes by itself. If your door starts opening or closing by itself, it could be a problem with the sensors. The sensors are what tell the opener when to stop and start, so if they’re not working properly, the door will keep opening and closing. Try cleaning the sensors with a damp cloth to see if that fixes the problem.
- The door opens but won’t close. If your door will open but won’t close, there could be something blocking the sensor beams. Check for any objects that may be blocking the beams and remove them. You should also check the tracks to make sure that they’re clear of debris.
- The door closes but won’t open. If your door closes but won’t open, it’s likely that the opener’s battery is dead. Try replacing the battery to see if that fixes the problem.
- The door makes noise when opening or closing. If your garage door is making noise when it opens or closes, it could be due to a few different things. First, check the tracks to see if there is any debris or dirt build-up that could be causing the noise. If the tracks look clean, then the problem may be with the rollers. Try lubricating the rollers with WD-40 or another lubricant to see if that reduces the noise.
If you’re having trouble with your garage door, try these troubleshooting tips before calling a professional. Most problems can be fixed relatively easily and quickly without having to call in a technician.
But remember, if the problem is with a broken spring or another issue that you can’t fix on your own, it’s best to call in a professional. Severna Garage Door Repair has been repairing garage doors in the Maryland area for over 15 years. They are a family-owned and operated business that takes pride in their work. They also provide commercial garage door repair services and can install new garage doors. Contact them today for all of your garage door repair needs!