Although we can’t yet proclaim with certainty that the COVID-19 pandemic is over, there are signs that the worst is behind us. With the vaccination program now in full throttle, businesses can start making plans for the future. While most industries experienced a tough time throughout the pandemic, others stumbled upon an unprecedented opportunity to flourish.
However, not all businesses that saw a boom can say that they’ll continue to enjoy their newfound success when the virus is finally defeated. Steam cleaning services are one of the few industries that are expected to continue being in high demand once the pandemic is officially over. Let’s dive into why this industry will continue thriving.
Heightened Focus on Hygiene
We’ve all been busy washing our hands and disinfecting surfaces over the past year. As the pandemic dials down and we start to venture outside our homes more, our hygiene awareness is likely to stay strong. People are expected to continue maintaining cleanliness at home, work, and other areas they frequent.
Since surfaces need to be sanitized more thoroughly than before, people are going to work more closely with steam cleaning services to get this done. These specialists use an advanced high pressure steam cleaner to remove grime, clean dirt, and disinfect surfaces. This service will continue to be widely used in both residential and commercial settings.
Businesses Want To Show Customers and Employees They Are Safe
No business wants to appear in the local news for the wrong reasons. Every manager or owner wants to show that their customers and employees that they care about their health. And the best way to demonstrate this is to partner with professional cleaners to maintain healthy spaces.
Displaying signs that your facility is sanitized regularly gives customers peace of mind and encourages them to keep coming back. Going forward, your business’ cleanliness and hygiene will be a strong selling point for drawing customers and attracting employees.
Growing Call To Improve Workplace Health
COVID-19 isn’t the only illness that businesses need to worry about today. There are other viruses and infections that can spread around the workplace and cause devastating consequences on a company’s bottom line. Without proper deep cleaning, an office may slowly accumulate dirt, dust, and other contaminants that may affect employee health and wellness.
Workers may catch the flu, trigger allergies, or even suffer from skin conditions. When combined with other measures, steam cleaning guarantees a healthy environment, cuts the cost of lost workdays, and improves productivity.
Consumers Increasingly Want Brands to Use Technology
The modern consumer is eager to test out the latest technology and this is changing the relationships that exist between consumers and brands. Today, people are more likely to hire professionals who use the latest innovation in the market. Since steam cleaning is somewhat new, cleaning companies that use this technology have the edge over their competitors.
The newest steam cleaning units are compact, tackle even the toughest stains, and do not generate any water or chemical sewage when washing.
Consumer Purchase Habits Now Favoring Environmentally Conscious Brands
People everywhere are becoming more sensitive to the environment. When we were stuck inside our homes, many of us began to appreciate the importance of the outdoors and nature. Now, consumers are making eco-friendly choices from cooking, clothing, travel, working and cleaning.
Steam cleaning stands out from other cleaning methods since harsh chemicals are not necessary to remove dirt, dust, grime, and germs from surfaces. This cleaning solution uses a burst of superheated steam to clean hard and soft surfaces.
A Steady Market
Time and time again, the commercial cleaning industry has proved to be almost recession-proof. This sector doesn’t experience the ups and downs that other markets face when economic conditions get bad.
Since commercial property owners won’t necessarily begin cleaning their buildings themselves when the going gets tough, steam cleaning companies can rest assured that property owners will always need their services.
Many industries have the potential to grow, but they just can’t find the right talent. One reason that the cleaning industry is able to grow consistently is that it can easily find enough workers without worrying about expensive training or recruiting costs.
When many people were out of work at the height of the pandemic, this sector quickly absorbed many unemployed people. As long as there is available labor, the sector will continue to grow.
Everyone Is Looking for High-Quality Cleaning
This is not a time to skimp on hygiene, whether at home or in the office. But how do you ensure that you are getting quality cleaning services? You look for a cleaning company that has proven techniques and experience. So far, one of the cleaning methods that stands out for its effectiveness is steam cleaning.
The latest steamers produce a high-quality steam pressure that can thoroughly clean and disinfect any indoor and outdoor surface. It can be used on anything from walls, tiles, furniture, carpets to upholstery.
Who Is Behind the Boom?
Let’s take a look at the customers who are increasingly working with steam cleaners.
- Institutions – Steam cleaning has long been used by hospitals as a chemical-free alternative to cleaning and disinfecting rooms and medical equipment. Now, other institutions such as schools, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and religious facilities are also using this method to create safe environments.
- Recreation Facilities – Families and individuals are now more cautious about the places they visit to have fun. Fortunately, gyms, swimming pools, spas, playgrounds, and other recreational facilities understand this, and they are taking various measures to show they care. Apart from social distancing, they are also hiring steam cleaners.
- Food Businesses – Hygiene is always at the top of the mind of restaurants, commercial kitchens, butcher shops, dairies, and canteens. These businesses are increasingly turning to steam cleaners since their technique is fast, water-efficient, and eliminates harmful pathogens using heat instead of chemicals. It also preserves the integrity of the surfaces being cleaned.
- Commercial Buildings – As more companies begin to transition from working from home to working at the office, they are seeking cleaning services to create safe and tidy spaces for employees and customers. Steam cleaners are emerging as the big winners, thanks to the effectiveness of their methods.
- Industrial Businesses – Factories and other businesses that have a large number of employees in one facility are taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe while keeping operations running. These businesses are choosing steam cleaning as it doesn’t swamp the facility with waste-water, use chemicals that could cause hazards, or affect downtime.
- Fleets – Fleet vehicles come into contact with different contaminants while on the road, making transmission of viruses and bacteria easy. Companies that operate fleets such as taxi, landscaping, security, moving, and delivery businesses are turning to steam cleaning because it keeps the vehicles sanitized and looking and smelling fresh, all without affecting productivity.
- Private Car Owners – Automatic car washes may be convenient, but they aren’t always safe for vehicles. If poorly managed, their dirty brushes and harsh chemicals can harm the paint of a car. More car owners are realizing this and resulting in steam cleaning car washes to keep their rides looking new and shiny.
Steam Cleaning Has a Bright Future
Steam cleaning is steadily becoming the go-to cleaning option for businesses, institutions, and individuals who want to create a sparkling and safe space without worrying about chemicals, water waste, and downtime. Its popularity isn’t about to go away as the pandemic ends, in fact, it is expected to grow.
Demand will remain strong since steam cleaning is more effective and economical at cleaning and sanitizing surfaces in a way that regular cleaning methods can’t, and without the environmental impacts.