Law enforcement, policymakers and justice advocates said Monday that excessive incarceration of blacks and other people of color is not only a moral injustice but doesn’t make economic sense for taxpayers. The Maryland State Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights met in Annapolis to hear testimony on the disproportionate number of blacks incarcerated in Maryland and across the nation and its associated costs.Read More
Support Our Work!
We depend on your support. A generous gift in any amount helps us continue to bring you this service.
- Angie Boyter February 12, 2024
- JimmyWerce February 9, 2024
- Leo Dymo February 2, 2024
- Lisa Geraghty January 19, 2024
- Christopher Anderson January 10, 2024