A person most often pays attention to malocclusion due to the unaesthetic appearance of the teeth. However, doctors call for its correction, primarily due to the fact that malocclusion affects the quality of chewing food and, hence, the digestive process as a whole. Moreover, the displacement of the mandibular joints impairs hearing and creates a feeling of stuffy ears. Fortunately, the bite defect can be corrected not only in children but also in adults using various techniques: from cutting-edge Invisalign braces to traditional braces.
Wide Range of Tools and Methods for Correcting Bite
If you look at the entire range of techniques used for bite correction, you can find many options, from the mildest to the most radical:
- Soft alternative. These are special exercises for the temporomandibular muscles, which are recommended primarily for children. Thanks to them, the tone of the facial muscles increases, and the teeth gradually align. However, this is a long-term method that does not give guaranteed results, especially if you resort to it in adulthood.
- A radical variant is a surgical intervention, which is demanded in extreme cases when all other alternatives have failed or there are obvious pathologies of the jaw bones.
- Medium options are the most common and varied on offer. These are all kinds of aligning techniques based on traditional or the latest technologies. This class of products includes braces, veneers, Invisalign, jaw expanders, plates, and more.
Which Orthodontic System to Choose for Bite Alignment?
When evaluating a brace or other orthodontic apparatus for yourself or a child that you will wear for some time, you should pay attention to such factors as:
- aesthetic appearance
- wearing comfort
- no change in taste
- no influence on diction
- no other side effects
Comparison of Traditional Braces and Invisalign Braces
Traditional braces made from metal, ceramics, and other hard materials are quite effective, but their wearing is associated with many inconveniences:
- People around you will immediately know about your problems.
- They are difficult to clean.
- Brackets and wires can injure the tongue, mouth, and lips.
- When wearing them, you must follow a certain diet.
Therefore, they were replaced by Invisalign Braces, which are more benign in all respects:
- They are transparent and, therefore, do not hurt the psyche of the child or the adult who wears them.
- Invisalign Braces are made from a special medical BPA-free plastic. It is elastic and, therefore, cannot injure any of the elements of the mouth.
- They are easy to maintain and clean.
- Invisalign Braces can be freely removed as they are recommended to be worn for no more than 22 hours per day.
- You will not have to comply with food restrictions.
- They correct the 6 most common types of malocclusion: underbite, crossbite, overbite, and more.
Thanks to the latest technologies, bite correction becomes comfortable and inconspicuous. Children will not sabotage wearing Invisalign, and others will not look at you with a feeling of pity, as is often the case with traditional braces. Individual aligners will change your life for the better, remaining invisible and requiring no special care. Village Dental Medicine will deliver a full course of treatment with Invisalign Braces. You will enjoy its best specialists, the latest equipment, and the most profitable special offers.