Pre-workout supplements are one of the most popular fitness supplements available. They can be an excellent way to help people improve their performance in the gym and during training sessions.
It is a powdered supplement containing various vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to aid in workout recovery. The purpose of this review is to examine the Pre Lab Pro pre-workout supplement in detail.
Pre Lab Pro – The Fundamentals
Pre Lab Pro is an Opti-Nutra product. The company has been around for a few years and is the manufacturer of the well-known Performance Lab supplement line, as well as the nootropic Mind Lab Pro.
Pre Lab Pro is the newest addition to Opti-growing Nutra’s line of vegan-friendly, naturally formulated supplements.
Pre-workout supplements, as people probably already know, are products that typically contain a variety of ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and stimulants and are intended to be taken prior to periods of exercise.
The Ultimate Guide to the Best Pre-Workouts
Like the majority of the best pre-workout supplements on the market, Pre Lab Pro is a powder that can be mixed with water and consumed prior to training.
Naturally, it’s critical to remember that supplements such as pre-workouts are not a substitute for a varied, balanced, and healthy diet. They can, however, assist in supplementing the intake of certain critical nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
Pre Lab Pro is packaged in a 260g tub. Each scoop contains 13g, which means that each tub contains 20 servings if the recommended amount is followed.
At the moment, the supplement is only available in one flavor, ‘Natural Berry.’ It comes with a plastic scoop for accurately measuring out each serving.
According to the official Pre Lab Pro website, the supplement is a “next-generation pre-workout formula.” Additionally, it states that this supplement will assist people in “shattering the limits.”
Thus far, everything sounds pretty good, but how does this supplement actually stack up? Here is a closer look at the ingredients list to determine what is contained in each serving.
Let’s begin by examining the actual Pre Lab Pro ingredients label, which was available on the official website at the time of writing.
The supplement does not contain a proprietary blend of ingredients. This means that the precise ingredients and dosages are disclosed transparently on the label, so people will always know exactly what’s in each scoop.
It is also completely vegan, which is not the case with many other pre-workout supplements.
Now, let’s take a look at some of the Pre Lab Pro formula’s primary ingredients.
- Vitamins B6 and12 – These critical Vitamins are frequently included in pre-workout supplements. Both B6 and 12 contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and the normal release of energy.
- Potassium – Potassium is a vital mineral that performs a variety of functions in the body. Potassium, for example, is necessary for the normal nervous system and muscle function.
- Vitamin D – Often referred to as ‘the sunshine vitamin,’ the body produces Vitamin D naturally when the skin is exposed to UVB rays from direct sunlight. Vitamin D aids in the maintenance of normal muscle function, among other functions.
- Iron – Another vital mineral, iron aids in the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Natural Caffeine (80mg per serving) – People are probably already familiar with the effects of caffeine. It is one of the most widely used stimulants worldwide. Pre Lab Pro contains ‘Natural Caffeine’ derived from the seeds of Coffea Robusta. At 80mg per serving, the dosage is reasonable. To put this dose into context, a typical cup of coffee contains approximately 100mg of caffeine.
- L-Theanine – This amino acid is naturally occurring in tea leaves. L-Theanine is particularly effective when combined with the caffeine in the same supplement, which is why it is included in Pre Lab Pro.
- L-Tyrosine – Another amino acid. Many of the leading pre-workout supplements on the market contain L-Tyrosine, and Pre Lab Pro contains 400 mg per serving.
- L-Citrulline and L-Glutathione Blend – These are two additional ingredients that are frequently found in pre-workout supplements. L-Citrulline is an amino acid found in watermelons. In contrast, L-Glutathione is created by combining three amino acids: Glutamic Acid, Cysteine, and Glycerine.
- Red Beet Powder – Red Beet Powder is also included in Pre Lab Pro at a dose of 1500mg. Many of the top pre-workout supplements contain some form of beetroot extract, and Pre Lab Pro is no exception.
Pre Lab Pro contains Dextrose, Monk Fruit Extract, and Stevia as sweeteners and flavor enhancers.
One scoop of the pink Pre Lab Pro powder was mixed into a glass of water according to the directions.
With only a few stirs, the powder dissolved fairly easily. There were a few powder lumps in the glass, but these are unlikely to be an issue if people are using a standard protein shake shaker bottle.
The water immediately changed color to a dark pink hue. The flavor was fruity and sweet, and it was quite pleasant to drink.
It does have a slightly synthetic aftertaste, but this is true of the majority of pre-workout supplements that have been tried and tested over the years.
In general, the flavor is quite pleasant.
How To Consume It
Each tub of Pre Lab Pro contains twenty 13g servings.
According to the directions, people should take one scoop 30 minutes prior to beginning the training session.
On the label, it is stated that no more than two scoops should be consumed in a 24-hour period.
As always, consult the physician before beginning any new supplement or making significant lifestyle changes.
The label contains a number of warnings, which people should carefully read before taking Pre Lab Pro.
According to the label, this supplement should not be taken if people are pregnant, nursing, or under the age of 18. Additionally, it states that people should consult the physician prior to taking this or any supplement if people have or suspect that people have a medical condition or are currently taking medication.
Additionally, the warnings state that if people experience any adverse reactions while taking the supplement, people should immediately discontinue use and contact the doctor.
If people are already consuming caffeine from other sources, it is worth noting the total intake to ensure that people do not exceed the recommended amount.
Each serving of Pre Lab Pro contains approximately the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee.
Pre Lab Pro Price
Pre Lab Pro comes at a premium price and thus may not be affordable to everyone.
One tub currently costs $59 / £39 / €49, but people can save money if people purchase multiple tubs from the official website.
At the moment, Pre Lab Pro is available exclusively through the manufacturer’s official website. This means that Pre Lab Pro will not be available on Amazon or other online retailers.
Advantages and disadvantages
Now, let’s weigh some of Pre Lab Pro’s advantages and disadvantages.
- Contains a balanced vitamin and mineral profile
- Contains popular amino acids such as L-Tyrosine and L-Theanine
- Contains a moderate amount of caffeine (80mg per scoop)
- Expensive price tag
- Limited servings per tub
- Currently available only on the official website
Is There Anything Else That Should Be Considered?
Bear in mind that nutritional supplements are not intended to replace a balanced diet and active lifestyle.
If people want to see results on the health and fitness journey, they should first ensure that they are following a healthy diet and exercising regularly before considering adding supplements to the regimen.
Final Thoughts: Pre Lab Pro
This concludes the Pre Lab Pro review.
This review has covered everything people need to know about this pre-workout supplement. The ingredients in the formula were thoroughly examined to determine what is contained in each serving and some of the more basic facts, such as the price and dosages.
In general, this product is an excellent choice if people are looking for a vegan-friendly pre-workout supplement that incorporates a variety of popular ingredients to assist people during the workout. It contains a variety of the top ingredients that people would expect to find in a high-quality pre-workout supplement and a simple and straightforward formula.
The only minor drawbacks are the high price tag and the fact that people can currently only purchase it directly from the official website.
This product review includes relevant affiliate links, which can result in commissions from qualifying purchases without any additional cost to the reader. The affiliate commission earned helps keep the site running so that our research team can review and recommend the best quality products.
Any recommendations and advice given here are the opinions and should be implemented only after consultation with a licensed healthcare professional. If you use any medications, you must consult your physician before placing an order for the product.
Results may vary from person to person. The FDA has not evaluated this product, and it is not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any medical ailment.