Gambling always requires a responsible approach. Nevertheless, many inexperienced players do not consider online casino registration an essential process because they do not understand the importance of account verification. Also, identity verification through documents can be intimidating since many are afraid to send personal information to other people.
Usually, you need to send your passport data to verify your account. Still, in some cases, the gambling venue may also ask for other documents such as bank account information, proof of address, bank card scans, and so on.
Let’s look at why account verification is safe and necessary to play online casino games in United States, as well as in other countries where online gambling is permitted by law.
Before you start playing, it is necessary to learn the rules of the casino, as each institution has its own rules that can not be violated. In addition, inexperienced players often make mistakes when filling out personal profile data, which causes difficulties with account verification.
Which Documents Should Be Provided to the Online Casino for Account Verification?
The package of documents depends on each casino, but it is generally pretty similar.
So, for account verification, you will need:
- A document that proves your identity – a passport, driver’s license, or ID card.
- A document that confirms your address mentioned during the registration – a bank statement or utility bill.
- A document that confirms your payment methods – a photo of both sides of your credit card or a screenshot of the e-wallet page, including your name.
Tips for Sending Documents to Verify Your Account
Casino workers check hundreds of documents every day, so they have a practiced eye for accuracy. But what about the players? How do you do it properly? While the casino rules always state the documents you need to verify your account, and a support agent can advise you on the subject, rejections often come for seemingly unexpected reasons.
We’ve gathered some tips for you regarding how ideal documents should look:
- Send documents without cropped edges, in good quality, and without overlapping photos or other data. These kinds of documents are the ones most often rejected.
- Confirm your address with a document that has a fresh date. It should not be earlier than 3 months from the current date.
- Do not try to fix anything with Photoshop. Yes, you may not feel like going to the bank for a new statement, and it’s much easier to fix the date of the old document with some basic Photoshop skills, but it’s not worth the risk. In large and relatively small online casinos, inspectors use modern technologies, so if your ruse is discovered, the account will be immediately blocked. Things will get worse if you already have winnings on your account that you will never receive.
- Note that if you want to use more than one deposit method, you will have to submit verification for each of them. Moreover, the casino has the right to temporarily cancel the account validation unless all methods that you used for making deposits are verified. In such a case, the withdrawal will be available only after sending the missing confirmation.
- Protect your data. Casinos don’t need all credit card credentials; they only need to confirm that the card belongs to you. Leave the first six and last four digits open, and hide the rest. Also, be sure to hide the CVV code on the back of your credit card.
- Sending the proper documents is the key to fast account verification and, accordingly, the possibility of withdrawing winnings. If the casino takes too long to verify your details, don’t worry. Remember that the verification process can take up to 72 business hours.