Truthfully, most accidents can be avoided—following standard procedures and adhering to basic safety. Although, accidents are dubbed as such because they are sudden and can also come from anything outside of our control. Meaning, you could become a victim of an unfortunate incident resulting from another party’s actions.
Personal Injury, a legal term for an injury to the body, mind or emotions, as opposed to an injury to property—if inflicted upon you by someone else’s negligence—gives you the right to be properly compensated. Ferguson Law Group – Personal Injury Lawyer in Atlanta,Georgia, handles exactly these cases, expertly and with great competency.
Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injuries can occur in a variety of situations and accidents.
Some of the most common accidents include the following:
- Construction accidents: Improper or lacking safety practice within a construction site could lead to injury inflicted on both bystanders and workers alike.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death refers to a specific type of personal injury case in which the injured party passes away, making the family members or estate of the deceased the recipient of compensation.
- Medical malpractice: A medical malpractice liability claim refers to a form of personal injury that allows you to pursue a health care professional for injuries they caused you to suffer due to medical neglect or error.
- Auto accidents: Personal injury resulting from traffic collisions, car crashes, motorcycle accidents, etc.
- Truck accidents: Car accident injury cases involving commercial semi-trucks or “big rigs” have separate, or unique, legal issues that will affect the settlement or trial outcome.
- Slip and falls: If you slip and fall on someone else’s property, the owner of the property may be responsible for your injuries.
- Work-related accidents: Personal injury from work-related accidents may include the aforementioned accidents, as well as injuries from machinery, repetitive motion(ergonomic), exposure to hazards, insufficient training, negligence of a co-worker, and many more.
Why bother hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Of the many common accidents listed above, some can prove difficult to handle on your own. You may have the injury to show, but the negotiation and procuring of proof is a different matter altogether. Especially when it comes to employees and employers, patients and doctors, or maybe just an unfortunate passerby against a big business.
Here is where your Personal Injury Lawyer comes in. Hiring experts to procure documentation of proof, finding witnesses, preparing a well-crafted argument—no legal procedure is neglected to be able to win your case.
And even with an obvious claim, both insurance companies and the opposing party in your case could still find ways to skirt over expenses. With the help of an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer, you could avoid these acts and receive the proper amount of compensation deserved.
Reasons to keep a Personal Injury Lawyer contact ready in Atlanta, Georgia
With the onset of the Covid 19 pandemic, work has come to a halt in most places as employees were advised to stay home. As of August 19, 2021, however, with 39.7% of the population in Georgia being vaccinated, the work industry has slowly started to return to normalcy.
It is important to note that before the pandemic, over 78,000 nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses were reported among Georgia’s private industry employers in 2019, resulting in an incidence rate of 2.5 cases per 100 full-time equivalent workers, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
As we have stated, accidents occur suddenly and in the most inopportune of times, that includes the misfortune of contracting the Covid 19 virus within your workplace. So it’s best to keep the contacts of a Law Office at the ready for any eventuality.